Day 25: The Magnificent Museum of Murry

We woke up early to get off the train and went straight to the hotel. Not all the rooms were ready so we all hung out in one room till breakfast. After breakfast we went on a long walk. We just walked straight till we hit the middle of nowhere and turned back. A bit of an exaggeration but we were in a very deserted area. Mostly because we’re in a desert. I’m not a fan of deserts with the heat and the flatness and nothingness. I prefer the mountains with grass, trees and streams. But this is still a cool experience. After the walk we all relaxed till lunch. I even got in a short power nap. During lunch we watched the Lorax. Last time I watched it was in 6th grade in Ms Nickerson’s class. Ahh the good old days. Anyway after lunch we... relaxed more. I like that we had time to relax before going to the museums. I’m not the biggest fan of museums unfortunately.

First museum: Danzanravjaa museum is a museum starring... Danzanravjaa! It is filled with things that belonged to him and unfortunately we weren’t allowed to take pictures and it didn’t have air conditioning. The horror. Anyway he had multiple hobbies. He was an artist, poet, medic, a Buddhist monk and many other that are too many to remember. His painting were hung around the museum. They were all depicting Buddhist women. There was also glass case full of his medical tools. They were all so small. One of the other cases had his dads pigtails in it. When I die I want a museum with my dads pigtails in it. It’ll be called “The Magnificent Museum of Murry.” On the second floor was clothes, more belongings and tapestries. Some of the clothes had beading on it. Said beads were made from elephant bones and silver. Cool right. Horrible for elephants though. I’ll never be telling Coconut about this.

Museum two: Dinosaur museum. There were fancy class cases full of rocks, shells and bones. In my museum they’ll be diamond cases instead of glass. The second room was full of stuffed animals, like donkeys and vultures. First room upstairs was filled with human evolution stuff. We all just looked at the picture and stuff since the signs and everything were in Mongolian. Not that there was many signs anyway. Other rooms was filed with Chingus Khan things and a bunch of clothes. And in the middle of the room was a bathtub. But it looked like a huge pot. So it would look like their cooking their kids. Yum. Last room was filled with different Mongolian artifacts from all different points in time. For example there was an old Mongolian guitar/cello and an old typewriter and guns.

After the museums we had some free time for Netflix and then dinner. Which was yummy chicken curry. After dinner we had nothing so I read and fell asleep then woke up to shower and then went to sleep. As you can see I am very active.


Middle of nowhere 




Comments

  1. We missed your blog and are Glad to get connected again. I assume your diarrhea is over. Every one envies your experience. Try not to have ice cream from any vendor except reliable sources like hotels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good mom to protect Coconut from the horrors you witnessed! You were cracking me up. The pic above really does look like the middle of no where.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 27: My mortal enemy found me again

Day 29: the last day