Day 27: My mortal enemy found me again

Last night started out rough but I ended up sleeping great. I was so happy for the bed and nice mattress. Once we had breakfast which wasn’t very good, I took a quick super cold shower. I was told there would be hot water. That is false. The water was icy. Anyway after the unfortunate falsely advertised shower we started our drive to Wish Mountain.

The ride was bumpy but kinda like a roller coaster with going up and down the sand dunes. It was fun. When we arrived I looked up and saw my worst enemy. Stairs. They have found me again. Why every temple or sacred thing must be on a mountain is beyond me. The flat ground is pretty too. Anyway we climbed the stairs to the first stop where we wrote down our wishes and burned them. I can’t say my wishes or they can’t come true but they were good wishes. We first tried burning them with matches but we used so many of them since they kept going out so we just used a lighter instead. Second part of the climb was to a mountain shrine which we walked around three times and threw rocks on. The last part was for the guys only. They walked up a bunch of stairs and poured vodka somewhere. Women weren’t allowed up there, so instead we had a photo shoot. See parents I take pictures. By the time we walked back down it was close to lunchtime.

For lunch we had fried noodles with meat in a nearby gur camp. We also got to try camel meat! It was good and was more flavorful than other meats here. It took awhile for the food to come so we relaxed on the beds in the gurs. Once the food finally came I was starving. We all ate fast and I was in big need of a nap. Unfortunately that was not possible and instead we went to the monastery that was closed yesterday. It was fairly nice because it was rebuilt or whatever except for the ceiling. After the monastery we went to some sand dunes. It was super soft and not too hot. We all took off our shoes and jumped around and caught some lizards. Final stop was sock hole trees. They looked more like shrubs, but we had some fun playing with the crusty sand. It was like a weird sandy puzzle.

We got to the camp around dinner time. After dinner we went on a sunset walk. It was nice except there was pokey balls that got in our shoes. Also Sarah, John Paul and I learned how to transfer piggy backs without me touching the ground. It was fun. After the walk we played a fun new card game which I would love to play at school with my friends. Once we played a lot of that, we went out to see the stars. They were great and I saw a shooting star. Very fun last night.


Wish mountain photo shoot 


Sand dunes with John Paul


Wish mountain


Wish mountain with Susie 


Monastery 



Comments

  1. Very cool pictures. I am wondering about the sand pizza...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooper guessed you met stairs when he saw the title of your blog. The sand dunes look cool. A beach with no water.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 25: The Magnificent Museum of Murry

Day 29: the last day